Who is using social media?
Short answer: most people. Almost 8 out of 10 Australians use social media, with over a third checking it over 5 times per day. Almost a quarter of people use social media to follow brands or businesses.
The notion that the social world is only populated by young people no longer holds true. Whatever your targeted demographic, they will have a preferred network, and they will spend upwards of two to five hours a day scrolling through their Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter feeds.
Why should I use social media for my business?
Did you read what we just said? On top of the numbers, we can’t stress enough that any product needs an audience in order to be seen. Even before you launch, you can have a pool of potential early adopters, simply by spreading the word through social media.
It is not something that will yield results overnight. It takes time, effort and consistency, but in the long run, the payoff can be considerable.
OK then, how do I go about it?
Every business has different ideas, thoughts and emotions when it comes to social media. Most businesses also fail at harnessing the power of social. They go in for a hard sell and neglect the quality of their content. Think about how you interact with social media. You want your content to slip seamlessly into people’s feeds, just as if they’re interacting with a friend. No interruption, no disruption.
Here are a few pointers:
- Have links to your social media channels on your website
- Have a live Instagram, Facebook or Twitter feed on your website
- Allow a Facebook commenting functionality on your blog
- Use a social media scheduling and management tool such as HootSuite to keep an eye on all of your channels in one place
- Ask for our assistance in styling your social pages to reflect your site’s new design
- Talk to us about setup of your social media channels
- Chat with us about our ongoing digital marketing partnerships.